|Audiogides in Russian, English, German and French!|
Being one of the world’s largest expositions of Russian icon painting, it displays about 260 marvellous works, including the two metres (six feet) high icon of Sts. Peter and Paul (11th c.). Rarities include the the first signed icon of St. Nicholas of Lipno by Aleksa Petrov (1294); icons of Sts. Boris and Gleb (14th c.), several «Our Lady's Protecting Veil» icons (the second half of the 14th c.), «The Annunciation with St. Theodor Tyron»; the icon «The Battle between Novgorodians and Suzdalites» painted in the 1470s, which was the first Russian icon depicting a particular historical event; the Holy Days Icon Row from the Ascension Church at Volotovo Field (15th c.); and tiers from high 16th century iconostases from the Church of the Nativity of Our Lady in St. Anthony Monastery and Sts. Peter and Paul Church in Kozhevniki. The exposition is displayed in the former Public Offices Building in the Kremlin.